New Reserve: Revontuli Coast
Explore a vast archipelago in Revontuli Coast, the all-new reserve for theHunter: Call of the Wild. Read more about it here.
New Feature: Layout Float Blind
Players who purchase Revontuli Coast will receive a Layout Float Blind. This useful tool allows you to conceal yourself from waterfowl, ducks, and upland birds while in water. The blind can be used across any reserve.
New Feature: Dolby Atmos
PC and Xbox One players can now experience even greater immersion thanks to Dolby Atmos support. Read more here.
New Feature: Item Wheel
Thanks to a radial menu, you’ll be able to switch weapons, ammo, and sights quicker than before. Check out this Dev Diary to learn more.
New Ammunition: .22 Conehead Ammo
Available for any player who owns Weapon Pack 1, Weapon Pack 3, or the Modern Rifle Pack.
- The highly requested Waterfowl rework is here! Check out this Dev Diary for more details;
- There’s been a full rework of the animal home ranges, populations, and schedules for specific reserves (Layton Lake, Medved, Te Awaroa, Yukon, Rancho del Arroyo, Cuatro Colinas, Parque Fernando).
- A long-standing community request: the Marksman and Red Raptor Reflex Sights have had an efficiency overhaul. You can read more about this here, too!
- The dog command wheel has been updated;
- We’ve implemented boat icon(s) to clarify which boats are accessible by players and which are not;
- There is now a new option that allows players to disable POI icons on the map and HUD separately;
- Borderless full-screen mode is now supported;
- Callouts—action prompts placed within the bottom navigation menu—are now clickable;
- There is now an indication to let the user know if a reserve is playable or not in the “New Game” screen.
GRAPHICS & VFX
- We’ve given the death camera movement & character respawning an overhaul.
- The new item wheel has been added! See “Free Content” near the top of the release notes;
- The dog command wheel has been updated; see “UX/UI” two sections above.
- We’ve made sure a “Sign In” option is also present within the new user “Sign Up” journey and prompts.
- We’ve fixed a large chunk of issues with flying or misplaced roads;
- We’ve added the ability to rename your canine companions!
- It will now be easier to tell whether you’ve failed or passed a harvest check;
- We’ve removed the alligator’s sound hint which was added to Silver Ridge Peaks before the Mississippi Acres Preserve release.
- Population resets, zone, and schedule changes will occur across all reserves, except Silver Ridge Peaks, as a result of the reworks mentioned above under “Performance”.
- We’ve addressed the problem of key bind descriptions not being displayed in the “Settings” menu.
ANIMALS & ENVIRONMENT
- There are no more excessive poop trails for Eastern Cottontail Rabbits!
- Animals will no longer appear static while drinking near shores;
- The issue where a player could not interact with mostly small clues unless they looked DIRECTLY down on them has been fixed.
CRASHES & MISCELLANEOUS
- Sorry, not sorry: we’ve fixed the Cash / XP / Weapon score exploit;
- ‘Ranger skill’ now works with traditional bows.
- We’ve fixed the issue of the “Accept”/”Decline” button(s) appearing in Polish, even when the game is launched in English.
- Xbox leaderboards are now functional!
SKILLS & PERKS
- “Reset Skills” and “Reset Perks” button(s) will now remove the effects of skills/perks in the current game session.
- The 3D UI icons twitch have been fixed;
- POI icons not appearing on the map for some hunting structures after being bought/built have been fixed;
- The undiscovered location icon now disappears as it should after approaching your first outpost in a new game.