Animal Scoring 2.0 Now Live
18.02.2020 10:00 by Expansive Worlds
Please see below for the full list of changes in today’s update:
One of the biggest changes with the new animal scoring system, is that integrity has been replaced with a system of classes. Every species has been assigned an animal class, and ammunition is now permitted for a specified range of classes.
Whitetail Deer is a class 4 animal
European Bison is a class 9 animal
.243 ammunition is allowed for classes 2,4,3,4,5 and 6.
Therefore, .243 ammo can be used to hunt Whitetail Deer, but not European Bison.
Medals are now awarded based on the trophy rating of the harvested animal and the result of the harvest check, a set of 4 conditions you need to meet when shooting an animal. Failing to do so will result in a reduced medal rank.
The trophy rating is entirely dependent on the trophy of the animal : horns, antlers, weight, etc. and the scoring method is unique to each individual species.
All details regarding the new animal/weapon classes can be found in the in-game UI, just check your Codex.
- TruRacs for Water Buffalo
- Introduction of Animal Scoring 2.0
- Overhaul of Black Bear and Grizzly Bear animations
- Fixed issue with rare fur variations of Ibex changing to common after game - restart
- Fixed issue where some settings’ values were reset upon starting the game
- Fixed issue with brain shot was not being registered on some Ibex
- Fixed issue with Shady Dealings achievement being unobtainable
- Fixed issue with mission area outline taking too long to show on the map
- Fixed issue where animals could not pathfind through narrow spaces
- Fixed issue with overly high scoring on female Ibex
- Fixed issue with pathfinding that resulted in animals not reacting to player
- Fixed issue where small rocks and vegetation in some areas were flickering
- Fixed issue with Iberian Mouflon’s rare fur variations being too common
- Fixed issue where Ibex and Mouflon could not properly flee up very steep slopes
- Fixed issue with Ibex sometimes getting stuck on rocks
- Fixed issue where animals could be lured in very soon after being spooked
- Fixed issue where animals were occasionally tilted and would stand on their - heads
- Fixed issue where player could spend cash on a non-stackable item many times
- Fixed issue with rangefinder showing too small distance when used from a - treestand
- Fixed issue where it was sometimes not possible to exit treestands
- Fixed issue with Zeroing range being active when perk was not active
- Fixed issue where Track Knowledge would always reveal the exact weight of - animal
- Fixed issue where Mårtensson 6.5mm could not be mounted in the trophy lodge
- Fixed issue with some Hunt Club events never registering European Hare or - Iberian Wolf
- Fixed issue where player character did not grip the .30-06 Eckers correctly
- Fixed issue with wrong message about multiplayer competition
- Fixed issue where having .410 birdshot loaded would show pistol ammo icon
- Fixed issue with Instructions from Vista España being accessible right from - the start
- Fixed issue where breaking on ATV with a controller would toggle aiming
- Fixed issue with Siberian Musk Deer trophy type being “Antlers” instead of - “Tusks”
- Fixed issue where 12ga pump-action shotgun made no sound when pumped
- Various crash fixes