We are pleased to announce that the new mallard duck update, as well as its accompanying paid DLC, is now live on PS4 and Xbox!
The ducks are added for everybody to hunt for free while the additional gear is an optional DLC purchase.
The mallard duck is the latest animal addition to Layton Lake, and also our first flying and waterfowl species! New animals, of course, require new equipment, so make sure you check out both the Nordin 20SA Shotgun (with one new ammunition type), as well as a new waterfowl blind you can place on the shores. In this update, we also have a fix for PS4 players that haven’t been able to access the game offline. A short summary of the new content as well its accompanying in-game fixes will follow down below.
- New Species: Mallard Duck
Find the new species in Layton Lake landing on water exclusively!
Scout the shores of lakes for clues like feathers and droppings and set up there depending on the time of day and their need zones.
- New Move: Whistling!
Hold “R1” / “RB” (default) to whistle and spook Ducks on water in order to get them airborne for an ethical takedown
- New Weapon: Nordin 20GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun in 3 variations
- New Ammunition: 20GA Steel Birdshot
- New Decoys: Mallard Decoy – Drake & Hen
- New Blind: Incognito Deluxe Waterfowl Blind in 3 variations. When entering this waterfowl blind, it will automatically close behind you. Interact with the same area to exit the blind
- New Caller: Beacon Deluxe Duck Caller Use this long-range caller to lure down Mallards to make them land to the closest lake nearby.
Please note that the new shotgun, decoys and waterfowl blind are part of the new “Duck and Cover” DLC.
You will receive all 3 shotgun variations, 10 Drake decoys, 10 Hen decoys and 1 of each waterfowl blind variation upon purchase. Find these items in your storage in-game.
- Fixed issue with being unable to play offline on PlayStation 4
- Fixed issue with DLC being unavailable when playing offline on PlayStation 4
- Fixes for issues with Hirschfelden, Layton Lake, and Medved-Taiga mission arc achievements/trophies not being rewarded. To claim bugged achievements/trophies, simply go to a reserve where you completed the mission arc and harvest an animal.
- Increased anti-visibility bonus from reeds
- Reduced cash reward for Hare, Jackrabbit and Mallard
- Fixed callers sliding into hands
- Fixed an issue with chestnut scrub hares not showing their fur type
- Fixed issue with bullet trajectory in Harvest Screen for Lesser Kudu
- Increased damage, penetration and expansion for .45-70 Hollow Point ammunition
- Technical Demonstration” – fixed an issue where you needed to complete one objective before being able to complete the second objective despite the objectives being listed simultaneously
- “Proof of Poachers” – fixed an issue in which the player would not be able to interact with poacher traps if they quit the game in the middle of the mission
- “Traffic Jam” – fixed an issue in which the player would not be able to interact with poacher traps if they quit the game in the middle of the mission
- “Our Place at the Potholes” – fixed an issue where the mission was not registering that players had reached their destination
- “Muckraker” – fixed an issue that prevented players from unlocking the rest of the Brother’s side missions
- “Hog Collection” – fixed an issue where players could track the same animal a few times to complete the tracking objective
- “HOPE #5” – fixed an issue where blacktail deer harvests were not valid for completing the mission
- “DOC #21” – fixed an issue where blacktail deer harvests were not valid for completing the mission
User Interface Improvements
- Fixed issue with POIs on map disappearing in Medved-Taiga
- Fixed issue with warning calls not being displayed for Fox, Coyote, and Jackal
- Reworked Geese volumes
- Seaside environments mix improved in Layton Lake
We really hope you appreciate our latest addition to theHunter: Call of the wild!
Your theHunter: Call of the Wild team